I am on a smoothie kick these days. Mostly because they are so easy to make.
Once I have fruits and veggies on hand, it’s just mix and match and then whirl in my Magic bullet. Single container. Easy cleanup. Tasty. And filling.
I learnt recently that home-made smoothies are healthier than juicing as we retain the fiber in the smoothie v/s discarding the pulp. The fiber makes them filling and low glycemic index.
I mean seriously whats not to love.
I saw pear and ginger combination on Pinterest recently. Had it on hand and this came about.
If a recipe can be so-called, then here it is.
P.S. If you are looking for more smoothie inspiration, just check out Pinterest Smoothies board. There are tips and tricks, combinations and beautiful photos.
Pear Ginger Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 red pear , washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves, washed and chopped
- 1/2″ knob of fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
1. Swirl everything in the blender till well mixed.
Are you on a smoothie kick? Which flavors are your all time favorites???
A semi seasonal combination, Kale and Peach smoothie is truly my go to second breakfast combination these days.
As part of the move, we found our Magic Bullet. I love it for its one container usage – prep/make and drink from same container makes it prefect for on the go food recipes, not to mention one less container to wash. So we have begun making smoothies. They are great way to incorporate greens, veggies and fruits.
A Vitamix would make it even smoother and kid friendly (green leafy bits would be blended real fine) but this works for us for now.If we do find ourselves drinking a lot of smoothies consistently then we will consider an upgrade but so far I am a fan of the magic bullet.
Without ado, here is my ginger spiked green smoothie recipe.
Green Smoothie with Kale and Peaches Recipe
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peach slices coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 4-5 Kale leaves ( Washed and coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
1. Start layering the coconut milk, frozen fruits, kale and ginger in the magic bullet container. Screw on the blades and give it a whirl till its all blended and smooth.
Divide into 2 small glasses or one tall one.