I am on a smoothie kick these days. Mostly because they are so easy to make.
Once I have fruits and veggies on hand, it’s just mix and match and then whirl in my Magic bullet. Single container. Easy cleanup. Tasty. And filling.
I learnt recently that home-made smoothies are healthier than juicing as we retain the fiber in the smoothie v/s discarding the pulp. The fiber makes them filling and low glycemic index.
I mean seriously whats not to love.
I saw pear and ginger combination on Pinterest recently. Had it on hand and this came about.
If a recipe can be so-called, then here it is.
P.S. If you are looking for more smoothie inspiration, just check out Pinterest Smoothies board. There are tips and tricks, combinations and beautiful photos.
Pear Ginger Smoothie Recipe
- 1/2 red pear , washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, chilled
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach leaves, washed and chopped
- 1/2″ knob of fresh ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
1. Swirl everything in the blender till well mixed.
Are you on a smoothie kick? Which flavors are your all time favorites???