Finally Friday evening here and you know what that means…its weekend time! Time to chill, relax and not think about work.
And we are ending our Friday evening with yogurt topped with roasted balsamic grapes. If you have never had this before then let me tell you this is the perfect ice-cream topping. Crunchy from the grapes seeds, sweet due to caramelized natural sugar in grape and a hint of acidity from the reduced balsamic vinegar.
Very very easy to make,this is another stellar dish where quality of ingredients shine. Put it for your summer weekend BBQ and I am sure it will be a hit with kids and adults alike. Don’t like grapes? No worries, this goes well with cherries, berries as well as peaches.
It goes well with ice-cream, pancakes or as crepes filling.
Serve and be prepared for compliments on your culinary skills.
Roasted Balsamic Grapes Recipe
- 2 cups red grapes cut in half
- 1/3 rd cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon parsley (or rosemary)
1. Soak the grapes in the balsamic vinegar and parsley and let them macerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 425 F.
3. Drain the balsamic vinegar into a saucepan. Layer the grapes in a single layer on a cookie sheet and let them bake in lower third of the oven for 10 -12 minutes. They will be caramelized and shriveled but still will retain their shape.
Remove them in a bowl.
4. Reduce the balsamic vinegar on medium heat for about 4- 5 minutes till it thickens. Add this reduction to the grapes.
Serve warm over thick greek yogurt, ice-cream,pancakes, crepes or even PBJ.