Green Smoothie with Kale and Peaches
A semi seasonal combination, Kale and Peach smoothie is truly my go to second breakfast combination these days.
As part of the move, we found our Magic Bullet. I love it for its one container usage – prep/make and drink from same container makes it prefect for on the go food recipes, not to mention one less container to wash. So we have begun making smoothies. They are great way to incorporate greens, veggies and fruits.
A Vitamix would make it even smoother and kid friendly (green leafy bits would be blended real fine) but this works for us for now.If we do find ourselves drinking a lot of smoothies consistently then we will consider an upgrade but so far I am a fan of the magic bullet.
Without ado, here is my ginger spiked green smoothie recipe.
Green Smoothie with Kale and Peaches Recipe
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peach slices coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 4-5 Kale leaves ( Washed and coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
1. Start layering the coconut milk, frozen fruits, kale and ginger in the magic bullet container. Screw on the blades and give it a whirl till its all blended and smooth.
Divide into 2 small glasses or one tall one.