Everyday Chicken Meatballs
I mentioned that I made two types of meatballs for my June Daring Kitchen Challenge – Mutton Apricot meatballs and Chicken meatballs. This post is about the chicken meatballs. Simple and easy to make, they can be cooked ahead on weekend and added to your salad , pasta or in a sandwich. They are perfect as appetizer with some mint chutney at an open house or a potluck.
The flavors in this recipe are inspired from Northwest Frontier Province of Indian subcontinent – whole coriander seed pods, cumin seeds and red chili powder. The flavors though can be easily altered to taste.
I sometimes flatten them into nuggets and pan fry with a crumb coat. Either ways it’s a wonderful back up to be stocked in your freezer for those busy weeknight when you want something yum for dinner but don’t have energy to tinker around in the kitchen.
Chicken Meatballs Recipe
- 1 lb chicken breast ground
- 3- 4 garlic pods finely minced
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely diced green chili
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 inch root ginger freshly grated
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon – garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon – Oil (for frying)
1. Mix all the ingredients well (except oil for frying). Form meatballs and set aside.
2.Heat oil in a non-stick skillet and fry the meatballs for a couple of minutes on each side till golden brown.
3. Drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil
Serve warm. Or store in an air tight container in fridge once cool.