Things To Do/Try Around Seattle
As I posted a list of places to visit around Hyderabad, how could I resist posting a similar list for Seattle!
I had compiled this for a friend travelling to Seattle during summer. A few locations are not accessible/ as much fun in winter – but nevertheless this is a list dear to my heart. It says Seattle to me.
Hope you enjoy it as well.
Places to Visit
- Kerry Park – On a clear evening, go here for panoramic view of the city, Rainier and Space needle
- Mt. Rainier – Narada falls, Reflection Lake
- Alki beach – Go there one evening and have Tully’s coffee.
- Pike Place Market – Oldest farmers market in the city
- Kirkland waterfront – Evenings or weekend afternoons are best.
- Boeing Factory Tour in Everett
- Museum of Flight
- Seattle Art Museum and Asian Art Museum
- Woodland Park Zoo
- Snoqualmie Falls
Restaurants to try
- Toulouse Petit – New Orleans, Creole . http://toulousepetit.com/ ( Beignets (sweet doughy pastry) , gumbo and Po Boy’s – call to see if they have veggie options)
- Café Flora – Seasonal menu veggie only place – try anything – loved everything we have tried. http://www.cafeflora.com/
- Serious Pie – Thin crust pizza with gourmet toppings – Try rosemary and potato – http://tomdouglas.com/index.php?page=serious-pie
- Café Veloce – Italian – Any pasta or pizza – love everything they have here.
- That’s Amore – http://thatsamoreseattle.com/ – Again Italian , but with a view of Mt Rainier
- Ohana – Japanese – Try veggie sushi and yakisoba noodles ( ask them not to add fish sauce or oyster sauce) . Tiki bar atmosphere is perfect for Fri and Sat nights. http://ohanabelltown.com/
- Pike Place Market – Sandwich @ 3 girls bakery, Falafel @ Mr D’s greek, Spicy Mac and Cheese @ Beechers, Mini cheesecakes @The Confectional Cheesecakes, French chocolate croissants @ Le Panier , Piroshky @ Piroshky – Russian Piroshky (ask if they have veggie) and Turkish coffee @ Turkish Delight. Everything but 3 girls bakery is one row starting so you can buy eat and walk to the next place.
- Silverspoon or Thai Kitchen or Chantanee – Thai food. First is a smaller gem in Redmond which is cheaper than others but with excellent quality
- Matador or Cactus (Kirkland) – Mexican – Great atmosphere, food, music
- Pho in Microsoft Commons – MS Campus – must try their veggie pho with tofu. Its better than what you get outside.
- Fainting Goat Gelato – try all flavors , handmade unique combinations
- Mediterranean Kitchen – Middle eastern ( Mezze platter , Falafel and Fool Moudamas – both veggie), end with Turkish coffee and baklava- http://www.mediterraneankitchens.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81&Itemid=105
- Malay Satay Hut – Malay food (have their roti kanai as starter), very close to Microsoft, can go for lunch!
- Wild ginger – Awesome Satay and noodles
- PF Changs or Sichuan (in the same complex as Sears , next to the Regents bakery) – Chinese .
- Regents bakery as well for pastries (fresh fruit is the best with bubble tea)
- If you miss Indian food, then Spice Route( South Indian and excellent rasmalai) , Roti (north indian) , Bamboo Garden (Indo –chinese) and Mayuri Chaat Place
- Coffee – Fonte (in front of Seattle art Museum), Victors ( in Redmond near RTC)
- Rovers – Special event dining, French food